Monday, February 6, 2012

A Day In The Life


A Day In The Life…
By Jessica Russo

     I woke up and got dressed.  I am getting ready for school.  As I walk out of the door, I see a poster of a Da-zi-bau.  A Da-zi-bau is a poster that says hateful things on it.  In my school there are both boys and girls.  In school we study from Mau’s little red book.  The Little Red Book is Mau’s quotes and ideas and he wants people to learn about his thoughts and ideas only.  Kids like me who were a part of the cultural revolution had to wear uniforms.  The people who weren’t part of the cultural revolution didn’t have to wear uniforms.  They had to be careful that they didn’t wear too skinny jeans or clothes made of silk because those are four olds. 
     My house is very simple because we don’t have a lot of money.  Our house has to be simple because when the Red Guards come to search our house they can’t be able to see any four olds.  My parents used to farm but now that the cultural revolution started Chairman Mau wants people to be businessmen.  Chairman Mau rationed food during the Cultural Revolution.  There was not a lot to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment